[llvm-dev] question on LSRInstance::OptimizeLoopTermCond()

Chris Tetreault via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 23 09:28:46 PDT 2021

Having not scrutinized the code too closely, I bet there's a bunch of code that assumes this optimization has been done and attempts to pattern match for it. If you were to prevent it from running, I bet you'd see a bunch of other optimizations not happen. An easy way to test this is to just comment out the one call to it and see what happens.

That said, if this optimization is not beneficial, perhaps you could add a pass to your backend that does the opposite?