[llvm-dev] After InstCombine pass, expected output got changed

Rohit Aggarwal via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 18 13:21:56 PDT 2021

Hi All,

I am running the instcombine pass on the given lR and executing the binary.

*./build_release13x/bin/opt -enable-new-pm=false  -instcombine sample.ll -S
-o sample_instcombined_llvm.ll && ./build_release13x/bin/clang
sample_instcombined_llvm.ll && ./a.out*

But before passing to instcombine, the output is *CE6DB4AC* and after
passing to instcombine value changes to *3B83FBC*.

I tried to debug the issue and found that due to the occurence of poison
value, some instructions(or, store,..) are getting deleted/erased.

I also observed that there are active changes happening related to poison
values in the community. Is this behaviour expected one? Or Could it be a
side effect of those changes?

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit Aggarwal
Compiler Engineer - AMD

--

Disclaimer:- This footer text is to convey that this email is sent by one
of the users of IITH. So, do not mark it as SPAM.