[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] [RFC] Adding support for clang-format making further code modifying changes

Aaron Ballman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 10 05:35:33 PDT 2021

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 7:37 AM Manuel Klimek via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Fwiw, I think "clang-format can make breaking changes to code when we consider the benefit to be worth it" has been the policy on clang-format for a very long time, so accepting that as the official policy is IMO not a change. If somebody wants to write it down to prevent future revisiting, that seems fine with me.

FWIW, I've never had the impression that this was the status quo for
the tool. I've looked through the mailing list archives and some old
reviews and I don't see any supporting evidence one way or the other
(obviously I could have missed something though!).

~Aaron