[llvm-dev] Tracking all prologue and epilogue insertions through codegen/lowering

William Woodruff via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 29 14:52:10 PDT 2021

> Well, yes, DWARF has that.  LLVM does not do a spectacular job of
> identifying those points, although it has been getting better at it
> over the years.

Thanks for the response! I went down this route, but I’ve had some trouble getting clang
to actually emit `DW_LNS_set_epilogue_begin` states in the line program table.
The prologue end states *do* get emitted, so it's only epilogue beginnings that are missing.

Does anybody know why this is? I found an older thread[1] with the same question,
but not obvious resolution. If it’s a matter of the responsible code just missing, then
this is something I could take a personal stab at (with some pointers in the correct
direction).

- William

[1]: https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2018-November/128118.html