[llvm-dev] Tracking all prologue and epilogue insertions through codegen/lowering

William Woodruff via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 28 08:52:21 PDT 2021

> I’m doing some program analysis research within LLVM. One thing that I’d like to be able to
> do is track LLVM’s generation of function prologues and epilogues

Answering my own question with this: I managed to completely overlook the fact
that DWARF (since at least v3) has supported fields within the line program state
machine that explicitly record whether a particular entry indicates a prologue end
(DW_LNS_set_prologue_end) and epilogue begin (DW_LNS_set_epilogue_begin).

- William