[llvm-dev] llvm-dwarfdump stats for inlined functions

Djordje Todorovic via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 28 04:11:51 PDT 2021

Hi,

As discussed on the https://reviews.llvm.org/D101025, we have noticed that there are two different stat categories for inlined functions when using `llvm-dwarfdump –statistics`:
# inlined functions
# inlined functions with abstract origin
and it was introduced after the D58849. We were wondering if there is a particular motivation of doing so.

Having an inlined_subroutine DIE with no abstract_origin attribute does not have so many benefits, so it might be better if we have an assertion/error (e.g., in the AsmPrinter) when we face such situation (or just to avoid dumping it into the final DWARF).

Any thoughts?

Best regards,
Djordje