[llvm-dev] Legacy PM deprecation for optimization pipeline timeline

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 27 12:39:39 PDT 2021

Am Di., 27. Apr. 2021 um 10:59 Uhr schrieb Arthur Eubanks via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>:
> We'd still have to have support in opt for the legacy PM to run IR passes that are part of the codegen pipeline. But we could still remove the -enable-new-pm flag after moving tests for passes in the optimization pipeline to use -passes.

It might be worth noting that the regression tests are currently
failing with ENABLE_EXPERIMENTAL_NEW_PASS_MANAGER=OFF. If it is still
supported till the next release, they should be fixed.

See http://meinersbur.de:8011/#/builders/148

Michael