[llvm-dev] llvm bug 11944

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 26 09:30:19 PDT 2021

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 9:10 PM pawel k. <pawel.kunio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> To clarify on stdlib/libc.

For what it's worth, there are several implementations of libc - GNU
libc and LLVM libc (well, the latter is relatively new/incomplete)
would be

>  I like way ms has annotations in comments of their stdlib/libc.

Ah, you're talking about SAL? (
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/c-runtime-library/sal-annotations?view=msvc-160
)

>  It is used by compiler as config script to something similar to static analyzer/warningsmodule both release and debug and as base for genning runtime checks in debug only.
>
> It helps to catch suspicious or wrong calls to stdlib/libc.
>
> If You were interested in something similar, id be willing to help here. You wouldnt have to write a new subcheker/subanalyzer per libc function.

Yeah, there's some general attribute annotations (like for
printf-style functions, for instance). Not sure if there are
attributes for general array+arraybound parameters, for instance.

- Dave