[llvm-dev] llvm bug 11944

pawel k. via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 22 16:49:45 PDT 2021

Hello,
I took glimpse of PR llvm and or clang has ie lib cpp compound constructing
global vars which makes objects get constructed in random order and with
nonzero startup cpu/time overhead.

In one of rather mighty embedded projects for 4g enodeb and later 5g base
stations we had similar issue. It was forbidden to complex construct global
vars.

We could fancy clang syntax checker having option to early detect and track
those so we could now how many are still left if any. I would disencourage
running it on testsuite though as there were many false positives reported
there.

Happy if that helps any.

Best regards,
Pawel Kunio