[llvm-dev] Revisiting/refining the definition of optnone with interprocedural transformations

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 22 12:34:59 PDT 2021

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 12:29 PM Johannes Doerfert
<johannesdoerfert at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/22/21 1:41 PM, paul.robinson at sony.com wrote:
> > I'll just say,
> >
> >> If you want "separate non-LTO" behavior by design, put it in a
> >> different file and don't compile that file with LTO ;)
> > that is impractical in many build systems, and an excessive amount
> > of work if you want to selectively build a some code with -O0
> > because you're debugging something at the moment.
>
> Fair, it was also not my suggestion how to approach this, that
> came in the following paragraph.
>
> Generally, I'd prefer if we do not pick sentences than end with
> a smiley out of context, there is little gain in that.

Generally, in conversations that are already a bit heated (by
confusion and otherwise) comments like this come off to me as further
inflammatory (whereas humor in other situations can improve social
bonds/connection) - belittling an argument that's trying to be made in
good faith.

- Dave