[llvm-dev] [RFC] Generating LLD reproducers on crashes

Alexandre Ganea via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 21 10:56:45 PDT 2021

The build system needs to be aware of the core dump files, and deal with them before/after the build. It should do an automatic cleanup before and compress+upload the core dumps to a network location if a crash occurs. I agree that the size is a problem if that isn't dealt with. 50 GB .dmp files for LLD crashes aren't uncommon, and you would probably see the same figures with production builds on Linux. Mostly likely dumps would need to be enabled explicitly with an env.var or a system setting on the build system? I personally find it valuable to have .dmp files. As hard as we try to make the CI builds the same as the local ones, there's always something different that triggers a different behavior on the build system.