[llvm-dev] [GSoC] Prospective student for Clang Static Analyzer constraint solver improvements

Rithik Sharma via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 12 07:35:00 PDT 2021

Hello,

I am an undergrad from India. This summer, I'm interested in working on
Clang Static Analyzer. I have a moderate understanding of LLVM and Clang. I
also did my Google Summer of Code 2020 with LLVM, where I worked on
unifying code motion checks present in loop transformation and analysis
passes. (Phabricator
<https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/archive/2020/projects/5488234206855168/>)
(GSoC archive
<https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/archive/2020/projects/5488234206855168/>)
(LLVM Developers' meeting poster
<https://sharmarithik.github.io/rithiksharma/poster.pdf>)
Clang static analyzer seems a great candidate for research, and I would
love to extend it further and improve it further. I believe this project
would give me a more precise understanding of static analyzer.

Thanks Valeriy for all the motivation. In the short period of time between
I saw this project and the proposal deadline, I’ve drafted a proposal
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/12VIC9mrAGfEVV1_I0cfl_ioupJRyrH85i-nKrwyYYWQ/edit?usp=sharing>.

Proposal (link
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/12VIC9mrAGfEVV1_I0cfl_ioupJRyrH85i-nKrwyYYWQ/edit?usp=sharing>
)

Looking forward to any feedback and suggestions.

Best regards,
Rithik