[llvm-dev] Concurrent Hashmap?

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 7 14:39:46 PDT 2021

lld's ELF implementation at least already has some parallelism - I
think Rui already experimented pretty broadly with various concurrent
mapping/set to do string deduplication in parallel, so you might see
how that's been implemented (maybe it didn't end up being done in
parallel because it couldn't be made efficient)

Probably worth prototyping your improvements with such a data
structure - but I think it'd be worth having the data about how useful
it is before adding it to ADT.