[llvm-dev] Orc JIT + STL = broken on Windows?

Stefan Gränitz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Apr 3 04:53:53 PDT 2021

Hi Geoff

> LLVM ERROR: Associative COMDAT symbol 'GVName' is not a key for its
> COMDAT.
This is in CodeGen TargetLoweringObjectFileCOFF so this isn't
necessarily JIT specific. Maybe a backtrace would be helpful?

> lli --jit-end=orc-lazy hello.bc
Greedy Orc mode recently landed in lli:
https://reviews.llvm.org/rGe1579894d2051db8
You might want to retry with that in order to rule out the
lazy-JIT-infrastructure as a cause for the error.

> should I just give up now on porting our Orc-based application to Windows?
I am not aware of anyone actively working on improved Orc Windows
support right now.

https://flowcrypt.com/pub/stefan.graenitz@gmail.com