[llvm-dev] Test files with no checks

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 2 10:40:42 PDT 2021

We sometimes get tests like this to validate that a crash has been
fixed - generally I try to push back on such tests because they seem
underspecified to me: Presumably we want the program to have some
specific behavior, not only "anything other than crashing" & the crash
represents some lack of testing - some behavior behind/after the
crash-point wasn't validated and probably should be validated.