[llvm-dev] Opaque pointers status

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 1 15:14:11 PDT 2021

+a few other folks who've contributed some pieces of the opaque
pointer work in recent times

I'd be curious to hear from Tim too, for sure - but otherwise, yeah,
if there's a patch from his series that adds an opaque pointer type
I'd be up for trying to throw that in & start experimenting with it.
(copying some thoughts I had in an offline discussion: Add the opaque
pointer type, add tests with function parameters of the opaque pointer
type and using it as input to various instructions - check that all
works, then the hard part of changing the result of various/all LLVM
instructions to produce the opaque pointer type (try that initially
purely out-of-tree/locally, and any place where it breaks because
something can't consume an opaque pointer typed value, we go add a
test using the function parameter source of opaque pointer values...
))