[llvm-dev] Cross-compiling only compiler-rt libraries

Mohannad Ismail via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 30 02:15:15 PDT 2020

Greetings everyone,

I am currently cross-compiling some of my programs to aarch64 with Clang. I
added my own sanitizer and library to the compiler-rt and want to use it.
However, since my machine is x86, the libraries are compiled for x86 use. I
was able to cross-compile to get the aarch64 libraries. However, this also
cross-compiles clang and now I can't use it on my x86 machine. Is there a
way to cross-compile only compiler-rt and not Clang? I can't seem to find a
way to do this.

In short, I want to have aarch64 compiler-rt libraries and an x86 clang,
since I will be compiling my programs on an x86 machine. Hope I was able to
explain this well enough. Please let me know if I wasn't clear or if you
have any questions. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Mohannad Ismail