[llvm-dev] [RFC] Backend for Motorola 6800 series CPU (M68k)

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 29 10:50:13 PDT 2020

On 9/28/20 11:56 AM, Renato Golin wrote:
> That's good to hear. The Debian project has helped us do extensive tests in
> other hardware and it provided us with confidence that what we build
> actually works in some real world context.

And, FWIW, please let us know whenever you need help with testing LLVM on
less common targets. I have access to every architecture supported by
Debian and own machines with most of these targets.

We also try to provide as many different architectures through the GCC compile
farm that anyone can use who is developing open source software:

> https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm

So, whenever you need assistance with architectures like SPARC, please let
us know :).

> We have a rough list of remaining issues in [1] and [2]. Min also gave a
>> talk
>> in [3] where he drafted out the TODO and plans for the backend [3]. The
>> talk
>> is also available on Youtube [4].
>>

> So, IIUC, the current implementation is reasonably complete. You're able to
> compile C programs and run them on real hardware. The main effort now is to
> upstream what you have, and continue the development.

Yes, that would be awesome.

> This would make the "plan" easier. Getting the current state upstream would
> make for a nice experimental target. Getting Debian packages compiled and
> tested with QEMU would demonstrate production quality.

Sounds good.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz