[llvm-dev] Fwd: restrict func param losing noalias when inlined

Johannes Doerfert via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 29 07:38:32 PDT 2020

Adding Jeroen and me back to the explicit recipients, also adding Hal,
though, see below.

On 9/29/20 9:33 AM, Ryan Taylor via llvm-dev wrote:
> [...]

I'm still unsure what you expect to happen here?
The patches are old and, as Jeroen noted, were never merged.
There were known problems wrt soundness and completeness,
proper restrict support is provided by Jeroen's patch set.

~ Johannes

> On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 9:50 AM Jeroen Dobbelaere <
> Jeroen.Dobbelaere at synopsys.com> wrote:
>
>> This is clearly using Hal Finkel's local restrict changes. According to
>> the rules that Hal Finkel used, the load and the store should not alias..
>>

>> Not sure why you would get other results, but then again, that code
>> consists of a number of patches and you might be triggering one of the
>>
>> cases that don't work.
>>

>> Greetings,
>>

>> Jeroen

>>> dev__;!!A4F2R9G_pg!OcI4FYow3OO6wwSd0m8OwO1wsKmqilnpEvuIL_magvvs6Jc-
>>> s8_uwsL3GOY0hMHEXq50lObd$