[llvm-dev] A question about conditional dependence between components in LLVMBuild.txt

Pranav Bhandarkar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 24 11:17:28 PDT 2020

Hi,

I presume there isn't a way of conditionally adding a dependency (in required_libraries) for a component based on the targets built. Am I right?

I want to be able to do something like - "runtimedyld require hexagoncodegen if the Hexagon target has been enabled"

For simply building runtimedyld, I am doing the following in llvm-project / llvm/lib/ExecutionEngine/RuntimeDyld/CMakeLists.txt.

if ("${LLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD}" MATCHES "Hexagon")
  add_definitions(-DHEXAGON_TARGET_ENABLED)
  target_link_libraries(LLVMRuntimeDyld PRIVATE LLVMHexagonCodeGen)
endif()

But, in my case this is not enough because llvm-config is oblivious of this dependency because it is not expressed in LLVMBuild.txt in RuntimeDyld.
FWIW, The Halide makefile uses llvm-config to, among other things, compute a link line for the Halide library itself.

Is there a way then to add a conditional dependency that llvm-build can deal with?

Thanks,
Pranav