[llvm-dev] Realloca ?

james faure via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Sep 19 09:26:35 PDT 2020

Ideally, I want a guarantee that successive alloca's will be laid out consecutive in memory.

The context is that I need to buffer streams in a stack-machine; I don't know the buffer size in advance and may need to grow it. It's of little consequence to me that the buffer needs to be written backwards to match the stack's growing direction.

I noticed that conceptually, llvm.stacksave + gep + llvm.stackrestore is a possible solution, but that is probably undefined behavior.?

Thanks in advance,
James