[llvm-dev] Document TableGen classes with Doxygen?

Nicolai Hähnle via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 7 09:09:45 PDT 2020

Hi Paul,

On Mon, Sep 7, 2020 at 4:22 PM Paul C. Anagnostopoulos via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Let's say I wanted to start writing a document on how to create a backend for TableGen. Such a document is suggested in "TableGen Backends." Should I describe the classes that are available to the backend in detail, or should I spend time updating the Doxygen comments in the class header files and simply present an overview in the document?

Personally, I'd say the latter. The reason being simply that with
comments in the class header files, the chances that they will be kept
uptodate in the future is a little bit higher.

Cheers,
Nicolai

Lerne, wie die Welt wirklich ist,
aber vergiss niemals, wie sie sein sollte.