[llvm-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: Machinepipeliner interface. shouldIgnoreForPipelining, actually not ignoring.

Nagurne, James via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 2 10:43:24 PDT 2020

Sorry to bring this thread from 3 months ago back, but I’m running into this issue too.
I do see that shouldIgnore is not called in the MachinePipeliner, however, James’ comment doesn’t really resolve the issue or make the story any clearer.

My summary of the comment is: “Hexagon and PPC9 do not need to ignore any instructions. However, in the case that you do, such as when the indvar update is explicit, this function is provided to allow the target to strip those instructions from the pipelined kernel.”

However, the reality is that the implementation seems incomplete and there’s no instructions on how to achieve the desired result. Is it left as an exercise to the reader/implementer? Is there something I’m missing?

J.B. Nagurne
Code Generation
Texas Instruments