[llvm-dev] Can we remove llvmbb from IRC?

Nico Weber via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 1 12:07:37 PDT 2020

Hi,

llvmbb's job is to inform people of build breaks. However, it seems to
trigger for a big list of bots, and at least one of them seems to always be
broken, and the broken bots tend to have cycle times of several hours. So
if you're on IRC and you commit something, you get pinged by llvmbb for
hours afterwards.

Does anyone think llvmbb is useful?

The best thing about llvmbb I've heard it's easy to just "/ignore llvmbb",
but if that's what everybody does then why not not have it in the first
place?

Nico