[llvm-dev] Policy on support tiers

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Oct 31 02:03:00 PDT 2020

Examples of tier 2 breaking 1 are when a change in its code need & warrant
a change in common apis (in tier 1), and those changes break unrelated tier
1 code.

I agree it's not super well defined, but I really think we shouldn't try to
list what is in/out of each tier and I'm hoping people can help me define
the scope of each.

Questions like yours are super helpful to do just that.

Thanks!
Renato