[llvm-dev] Policy on support tiers

Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 30 14:20:38 PDT 2020

I personally see a difference between "subprojects" (like lld, clang,
flang, circt ...) which are conceptually either independent from LLVM or
built on top from a layering point of view ; and on the other hand things
like the IDE, debugger, build scripts which are about LLVM itself and
intended to serve users of LLVM.
The incubator process as I understand it has been introduced to address the
former more than the latter.