[llvm-dev] Improving x32 support

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Oct 24 08:30:52 PDT 2020

Hi Harald!

On 10/24/20 5:15 PM, Harald van Dijk via llvm-dev wrote:
> I have been working on improving the x32 support in LLVM.

I haven't checked your changes yet, hence I'm asking right away: Do you also have a fix
for the search paths for the driver? [1] I tried to contribute that change back then but
somehow the discussion ceased at some point.

> I have patched LLVM 11.0.0 to a good enough state where the tests that do not make sense
> are disabled, and the rest of the tests pass when built for x32. Additionally, when those
> same changes are applied to Rust's LLVM, they allow building Rust for x32 as well (after also
> fixing some non-LLVM portability issues in Rust).

Ah, that's nice. Then we can finally bootstrap Rust for Debian/x32. Great work!

Do you have the fixes for Rust somewhere accessible?

> For the moment, I have put this up as a single massive commit,
> <https://github.com/hvdijk/llvm-project/commit/07c7cd28df079c6dce02f5d7ebba58c8f85039b7>.

I'll have a look and see if we can already use it in Debian.

In any case, thanks a lot for fixing this! Much appreciated!

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz at debian.org