[llvm-dev] Help needed setting up a new buildbot for linux-sparcv9 and other targets

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 23 02:43:00 PDT 2020

Hi Galina!

On 10/23/20 7:25 AM, Galina Kistanova wrote:
>> Is there any naming scheme that the other buildbot-workers are using or
> are the names just random?
>
> There is no enforced naming scheme. This is more up to the bot owner. If
> you want, you could use <machine>-<operatingsystem> or vice versa.

OK. I was just wondering what the other machines are using so the names
would be consistent.

>> And why does the buildddir have to be unique? Isn't that local on the
> buildbot-worker?
>
> Here is the quote from the buildbot documentation:
> builddirSpecifies the name of a subdirectory of the master’s basedir in
> which everything related to this builder will be stored. This holds build
> status information. If not set, this parameter defaults to the builder
> name, with some characters escaped. Each builder must have a unique build
> directory.workerbuilddirSpecifies the name of a subdirectory (under the
> worker’s configured base directory) in which everything related to this
> builder will be placed on the worker. This is where checkouts, compiles,
> and tests are run. If not set, defaults to builddir. If a worker is
> connected to multiple builders that share the same workerbuilddir, make
> sure the worker is set to run one build at a time or ensure this is fine to
> run multiple builds from the same directory simultaneously.

Alright, thanks. I'm already seeing what the other bots are using, so I'll stick
to that scheme [1].

I will still need your GPG key which is unfortunately not available on the public
servers.

Thanks,
Adrian

--