[llvm-dev] Help needed setting up a new buildbot for linux-sparcv9 and other targets

Galina Kistanova via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 21 22:41:34 PDT 2020

Hello John,

> I would like to set up some additional buildbots for LLVM and Clang that
are currently
> missing in the current list builders [1], namely linux-sparcv9,
linux-ppc32 and linux-mips
> (and later linux-m68k).

Thanks for working on this!

> I'm wondering what to use as the "buildbot-worker-access-name" username.

Any distinct unused yet name which represents the build worker you are
about to introduce is fine. For example, "linux-sparcv9", "linux-ppc32",
"linux-mips", and "linux-m68k" look good. You could specify builddir to be
the same as the worker name. This would keep things simple.

I can assign passwords to your workers or you can choose whatever password
you want and send directly to me. Please let me know if you need my public
pgp key for secure communication.

We do not accept changes to zorg at this time because of the upgrade to a
newer version of buildbot. The repository is locked and I'm in the middle
of preparing a set of patches you will need to base your changes on. I hope
this will be done early next week.

Anyway, once the llvm-zorg has all the changes for the new buildbot, you
will need to propose a patch. Please note that the below explanation is
based on the new file names which are not available yet in the github.

To add your workers to LLVM buildbot, you will need to propose a patch for
buildbot/osuosl/master/config/workers.py which adds the workers, and for
buildbot/osuosl/master/config/builders.py to add your build configurations
which use your workers. If you are up to building self hosting clang and
llvm, then please use UnifiedTreeBuilder.

If you will elaborate what build configuration you are after for your bots,
I might give you a good example to follow or will help you with the patch.

I assume you already made sure you can build locally on each of those
workers what you are after.

Thanks

Galina