[llvm-dev] TableGen enhancements

Simon Pilgrim via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 21 02:48:14 PDT 2020

Thanks Paul - Its awesome to have someone looking at tblgen build
performance!

Something that I've looked at every so often is the poor choice of
containers - e.g. passing a const std::vector& around when ArrayRef<>
would be a lot cheaper (no expensive iterator bounds checks....).

Another is using map/set everywhere - they are great when data is being
parsed/collected, but once its sorted transfering to an array/vector
could be a lot cheaper if really we spend more time sequentially
iterating across the data many times.

Simon.