[llvm-dev] 32-bit Architectures no longer tested by any buildbots causing bitrot

Luke Benes via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Oct 17 09:27:37 PDT 2020

While using a raspberry pi 4 for a project, I've discovered 2 recent regressions caused by the assumption that the target would be 64-bit. In both cases, the developers noted that they missed the error because none of the buildbots had picked it up.

I was able to quickly confirm that both issues were related to the size of pointer types by spooling up a Debian i686 iso and building clang on it.  Could we add either an i686 or armhf buildbot to avoid this class of bug creeping into the code base?

Thanks

-Luke