[llvm-dev] [RFC] Tooling for parsing and symbolication of Sanitizer reports

Dan Liew via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 14 12:04:47 PDT 2020

> There is a standardized JSON-based format used for exchanging static
> analysis finding reports between tools called SARIF that seems like it
> may be a natural fit for this work, perhaps. What's more, Clang
> already has some SARIF writing capabilities that could perhaps be
> lifted for the implementation (it's one of the formats the clang
> static analyzer produces for output). You can see the SARIF site for
> more information:
> https://docs.oasis-open.org/sarif/sarif/v2.1.0/sarif-v2.1.0.html

Thanks for bringing this up. I wasn't aware of this before. I'm
struggling to grok that documentation and would probably need concrete
examples to understand if it's a good fit.
TBH I'm much more likely to go for a custom JSON schema though because
the structured version of sanitizer reports will be very closely tied
to the Sanitizers.

Thanks,
Dan.