[llvm-dev] GlobalISel round table follow up: register bank select

Quentin Colombet via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 13 12:24:32 PDT 2020

Hi Gabriel,

Such approach matches what I had in mind for a “global” cost model which would have been a higher tier than greedy and fast.
Actually, the idea was that “global" would only be a variant of greedy where the window for the computed costs would have been infinitely large (right now the only available window is 1 instruction).

If we decide to go with such approach, I think we need to keep it as a possible variant, as opposed to the uniquely available approach because I suspect the compile time implications are high.

Cheers,
-Quentin