[llvm-dev] Unable to get started with LLI and LLC

Jagrat Patkar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Nov 29 06:14:53 PST 2020

Hi there

I was just getting started with LLVM to create a small compiler of my own,
while skimming through the docs came across the use of lli and llc in the
development process, have successfully installed clang but somehow the lli
and llc command are not working, I have a macOS  it is showing the error
"command not found" , if I try to build lli and llc with CMake it throws
this error

*CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:23 (add_llvm_tool):  Unknown CMake command
"add_llvm_tool".*

searched a lot around on the web to find the solution but couldn't find it,
would be a great help if there is a workaround to it.

Regards,
Jagrat Patkar