[llvm-dev] [DebugInfo]Crash during building openmpi4.0.0

Jeremy Morse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 20 04:11:56 PST 2020

Hi Sourabh,

Thanks for the reproducer; it crashes for me too with a recent clang.
It looks like the cause is duplicate dbg.declare intrinsics in the
"k.1.if.then" function (I'm not familiar with partial inlining alas).
There are two instances of:

  call void @llvm.dbg.declare(metadata i32* %h.sroa.2.i, metadata
!123, metadata !DIExpression(DW_OP_LLVM_fragment, 64, 32)) #4, !dbg
!124

In different blocks (the first operand differs). When emitting the
variable location, this is interpreted as that fragment having
multiple locations specified, causing the assertion. Commenting either
of the duplicate dbg.declares out avoids the crash.

--
Thanks,
Jeremy