[llvm-dev] Notes from GitHub Pull Requests round table

James Henderson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 19 01:00:01 PST 2020

Thanks for posting these notes. I wasn't able to attend the Round Table due
to scheduling conflicts (I had just moved house that week, and the
conference was outside my usual work hours, so...). It's good that people
investigating the viability of other workflows, like using GitHub PRs, I
just want to make sure that once any investigation has been done, it isn't
presented as some sort of fait accompli, discussed and agreed upon outside
the mailing list, when there are a number of people with strong opinions
against moving from Phabricator to GitHub PRs (based on the last time this
discussion was raised on the mailing list). As the review process is pretty
fundamental to the workflow, it's important that changing it gets
widespread agreement, or there's a risk of alienating many developers.