[llvm-dev] [RFC] Intel AMX programming model

Luo, Yuanke via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 18 18:29:47 PST 2020

Hi,

Several months ago, we have some discussion for Intel AMX programming model in llvm-dev. H.J. post the AMX ABI at [1], and I sent the design for the programming model at [2]. Thank Hal, Philip for the time to review the design and provide good ideas to improve the design. After that I implemented the patch [4] and it is reviewed in LLVM community. The patch covers 6 components.
1. The c interface to end user.
2. The AMX intrinsics in LLVM IR.
3. The Lowering from AMX intrinsics to AMX pseudo instruction.
4. Insert psuedo ldtilecfg and build the def-use between ldtilecfg to amx intruction.
5. The register allocation for tile register.
6. Morph AMX pseudo instruction to AMX real instruction.

If there is no objection for the patch, I'd like to land it.

[1] http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2020-August/143972.html
[2] http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2020-August/144302.html
[3] http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2020-September/145200.html
[4] https://reviews.llvm.org/D87981