[llvm-dev] Complex proposal v3 + roundtable agenda

David Greene via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 18 13:09:29 PST 2020

Simon Moll <Simon.Moll at EMEA.NEC.COM> writes:

> The generalized pattern matching in the VP reference patch is not
> VP-specific, eg it is parameter-ized in the abstraction. That means we
> can lift InstCombine,InstSimplify once on top of that abstraction and
> than instantiate that (it's literally a template parameter) to (0)
> regular LLVM instructions, (1) constrained fp intrinsics, (2) complex
> intrinsics, (3) VP.. hypothetically even (4) constrained/complex/vp
> intrinsics.
>
> I'll send out a separate RFC on how that generalized pattern match works
> - it's about time we get working on this since use cases keep piling up..

I think this has some real promise for getting complex support up and
running more quickly.  Since the vector predication intrinsics are
apparently already in
(http://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html#vector-predication-intrinsics), it
makes sense to me to get these generic matchers in and build complex on
top of that, at least to get something working.

Do we have any idea of a timeline for such matchers?

                -David