[llvm-dev] wasteful cmake defaults

David Chisnall via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 18 10:17:51 PST 2020

On 18/11/2020 18:03, Michael Kruse wrote:
> This is missing the probably largest group: Users of clang who compile
> clang themselves (e.g. because their OS does not come with a package
> for clang, or is too old)

I think our target for this group should be that it is size 0.  Windows,
macOS, and *BSD all have up-to-date packages of the latest version, as
do many Linux distros.  We provide APT repos for Debian and Ubuntu.
What are the large platforms that do not have packages of the latest
release and how do we fix that?

David