[llvm-dev] [intern ad] Clang, libc++, and Program Analysis Engineering Internships at Apple

Anna Zaks via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 17 15:59:56 PST 2020

Hi Everyone,

Apple's Clang, libc++, and Program Analysis teams are now looking for interns for 2021!

Our teams contribute to Clang, libc++, Clang Static Analyzer, as well as dynamic analysis tools (such as Address Sanitizer and Thread Sanitizer). We are looking for interns to work closely with members of the engineering team as well as the open source communities to solve challenging real-world problems.

We add support for new language/library features and improve performance and stability of builds. Our teams develop compiler-based tools to harden and secure C-based codebases. We work on the Clang compiler and collaborate closely with operating system engineers to improve the security of Apple’s platforms. We also develop static and dynamic analysis tools for detecting bugs and security vulnerabilities in C/C++/Objective-C. We employ a wide range of program analysis techniques, such as syntax and type-based analysis, symbolic execution, automated testing, fuzzing, abstract interpretation, compile-time interpretation, program instrumentation and runtime error detection. We are looking for interns to help us shape the future of these projects!

Consider applying to this internship if you are interested in working on clang, libc++, and bug-finding tools to improve developer experience and security of code. Candidates should have good knowledge of C++. Knowledge of Clang and/or libc++ and/or program analysis is a plus.

These are paid internships. While most internships last 3 months, starting in May or June, the starting dates and the internship length are flexible. Depending on the situation with COVID-19, the internships will be either remote or based in Cupertino, CA. Internships are restricted to students. Students must be enrolled in school in the quarter/semester immediately following the internship. We are looking for candidates of all education levels, from Bachelor’s to Ph.D. Applicants from outside the U.S.A. are welcome to apply as well.

If you are interested in applying, please email us a brief statement of interest (i.e., why you are interested in the internship) and attach your resume/CV in PDF or raw text form (no MS Word documents please). Please submit your resume and cover letter to: tools-internships-apply at group dot apple dot com.

Thank you,
Anna