[llvm-dev] Do the build failure related to my commit?

Jeremy Morse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 17 04:08:28 PST 2020

Hi Ben,

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 11:08 AM Ben Shi via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I made a commit just now, and received many build failures. It seems they all began to fail after my commit.

The buildbots test several commits at a time, it's normal to receive
emails about build and test errors introduced by nearby commits. When
that happens, take a look at the buildbot build/test output to see
whether the fault is anything that could be related to your change, or
if it's obviously caused by someone else's commit.

In the case of the bots you've linked to, it looks like an unrelated
configuration commit had a problem that was quickly addressed, and the
bots are now returning to green.

--
Thanks,
Jeremy