[llvm-dev] Renaming The Default Branch

Keane, Erich via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 16 18:00:23 PST 2020

This timing actually is likely to be more convenient for my downstreams, as most of the devs will be away.That way we can ‘ease’ into our transition with a limited number of devs being affected by it…

That said, from a downstream-perspective, it looks like we’ll still be keeping ‘master’ updated for a while, right?
> We will lock the master branch and change it to be readonly (with the exception of llvmbot)

Is that what I should take from that?