[llvm-dev] lld error: output file too large <some large number>

Moshtaghi, Alireza via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 16 09:52:03 PST 2020

I can't send the exact objects, but I'll try to reproduce.

Thanks

On 11/16/20, 9:48 AM, "Fāng-ruì Sòng" <maskray at google.com> wrote:

    NetApp Security WARNING: This is an external email. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

    On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 9:05 AM Moshtaghi, Alireza
    <Alireza.Moshtaghi at netapp.com> wrote:

    > My target requires that text section be at 0x0 so "-Ttext 0x0" is passed to the linker.
    > When I link with gold, it goes through; but lld fails.
    > Instead of always returning the same calculation, when I change the calculation to the following, it links:
    >   return first->offset + (os->addr > first->addr ?
    >                           os->addr - first->addr :
    >                           os->addr);
    >
    > There are other things in the build that I need to fix so I can't tell if the result is correct yet though. Do you think this is correct?

    It is wrong. Can you upload a reproduce file somewhere?
    (LLD_REPRODUCE=/tmp/rep.tar ld.lld ....   or ld.lld
    --reproduce=/tmp/rep.tar)

    --
    宋方睿