[llvm-dev] Musings on the TableGen -emit-dag-isel backend

Paul C. Anagnostopoulos via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 13 04:22:53 PST 2020

Your suggestion for two passes is indeed my plan if simply using 3-byte sizes is not acceptable. I don't want to duplicate all the logic in a second length-calculating function, so I would just have special logic for the three matching operators with children and use the existing function for the rest, passing a null output stream. Or I could conditionalize all the output on another function parameter so it isn't done at all.

I'm not convinced that anyone would notice a 4% increase in the size of the matching table, but I don't think that's my call. I have plenty to do while waiting for more comments. ;-)