[llvm-dev] [lldb] Error - Failed to launch or debug process

Ben via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 6 13:03:59 PST 2020

Using OpenBSD clang v10.0.1 targeting aarch64-unknown-openbsd6.8 to compile
a simple SDL c program using the following clang command to do so:

	clang -glldb -std=c99 -Wall -Werror$(pkg-config --cflags --libs sdl2) example.c -o example

No errors or warnings compiling. I attempt to debug 'example' with lldb v10.0.1:

	lldb example

Set my breakpoints:

	(lldb) breakpoint set --name main

set the command to be performed at the breakpoint created:

	(lldb) breakpoint command add 1.1
	> bt
	> DONE

And then attempt to run:

	(lldb) r
	(lldb) Error - Failed to launch or debug process

I am not entirely sure what I am doing wrong here. Without setting any breakpoints I still
get the same error. Any help as to where to look to begin to troubleshoot this or any insight
into the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you