[llvm-dev] [RFC] Backend for Motorola 6800 series CPU (M68k)

Min-Yih Hsu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 3 09:10:16 PST 2020

Hi All,

Just a quick update on the Motorola 6800 backend: Based on the feedback,
"M68k" (with lowercase "k") will now be the canonical target name and
"m68k" be the target triple name. I've updated all the patches under review
to reflect this change.

I'm also asking for everyone's help to review all the patches.
/* Target independent changes */
1. https://reviews.llvm.org/D88385
2. https://reviews.llvm.org/D88386
/* M68k CodeGen */
3. https://reviews.llvm.org/D88389
4. https://reviews.llvm.org/D88390
5. https://reviews.llvm.org/D88391
6. https://reviews.llvm.org/D88392
/* M68k Clang supports*/
7. https://reviews.llvm.org/D88393
8. https://reviews.llvm.org/D88394
Especially the Clang part, so far no one has given it a pass.

We also had a simple roadmap here:
https://github.com/M680x0/M680x0-mono-repo/projects
Showing the prerequisites to become an experimental target and eventually,
an official target. We're currently struggling on setting up the buildbot
but I believe Adrian (CC-ed) is working on that. So I hope the patches can
be sorted out while waiting for the buildbot.

CC-ing Craig here since he might able to give some feedbacks

Thank you!
-Min

--
Min-Yih Hsu
Ph.D Student in ICS Department, University of California, Irvine (UCI).