[llvm-dev] Range lists, zero-length functions, linker gc

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 29 14:43:58 PDT 2020

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 2:20 PM Robinson, Paul <paul.robinson at sony.com> wrote:

> [...]

Sounds pretty good to me.

Ray - how do you feel about that? Do you think that's something lld
would be able to do?

I guess we'd need to probably have a conversation with the DWARF
Committee and/or with debugger vendors (gdb and lldb) to ensure they'd
be willing to make matching changes to support this...

and since they might not support it out of the gate, perhaps we'd need
it behind a flag for the current (albeit buggy) backwards
compatibility? Or maybe it works well enough without explicit support
already.

- Dave