[llvm-dev] Implications of Module SourceFileName

Rarrum via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 25 12:16:26 PDT 2020

In the language I'm working on, a module (which does have a user-defined
name in source) may be comprised of several files.  I'm considering passing
the (user-defined) name to llvm::Module's setModuleIdentifier, then a
semicolon separated list of file names to setSourceFileName.  Is this going
to cause unforeseen problems?

https://releases.llvm.org/10.0.0/docs/LangRef.html#source-filename seems to
imply that it only needs to be a "consistent unique global identifier", but
then also shows a unix-style path as the syntax.  I don't see anything
crazy being done with it from a quick source of llvm's source.