[llvm-dev] Creating a copy Pass of DependenceAnalysis

Stefanos Baziotis via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 22 07:42:35 PDT 2020

Hi,

I want to create a copy of DependenceAnalysis downstream.

At first I tried the HelloWorld tutorial. But then I figured, maybe I
should move on
to create my pass by mimicking some other pass in LLVM.

So, I tried copying DependenceAnalysis itself [1]

Although after a lot of time of trying it compiled, I'm pretty sure I have
done it
completely in the wrong way. What is more, I can't access my pass with the
argument
I put (-rt-dep-checks).

Then, I watched this tutorial [2]. Apart from the fact that there seem to be
way too many steps just to create hello world pass, I don't think that
passes like
DependenceAnalysis follow it.

So, what should I do? What is the "correct" to create the copy; like an
external
library as the HelloWorld tutorial shows ?

Thanks,
Stefanos

[1] https://github.com/baziotis/llvm-project/tree/dep_analysis
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar7cJl2aBuU