[llvm-dev] [RFC] [PowerPC] Removing PowerPC QPX Support

Jinsong Ji via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 12 08:44:30 PDT 2020

Re... If no one objects, we'll take action to remove QPX support soon.
Thanks.

Best,

Jinsong Ji (纪金松), PhD.

XL/LLVM on Power Compiler Development
E-mail: jji at us.ibm.com

From:	"Finkel, Hal J. via llvm-dev" <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>
To:	"'llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org'" <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>
Date:	04/29/2020 02:59 PM
Subject:	[EXTERNAL] [llvm-dev] [RFC] [PowerPC] Removing PowerPC QPX
            Support
Sent by:	"llvm-dev" <llvm-dev-bounces at lists.llvm.org>

Hi, everyone,

I would like to know if anyone is still making use of the support in the
PowerPC backend for the IBM BG/Q supercomputer, including the support for
its QPX vector instruction set. If you are, please reply. I'm not aware of
any still-running BG/Q machines, and if no one is making use of this
functionality, I propose that we remove it.

Thanks again,
Hal

Hal Finkel
Leadership Computing Facility